GNAC Marketing & Multimedia Specialist Internship
The Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) is now accepting applications for a Marketing & Multimedia Specialist with the conference office for the 2019-20 academic year. This position includes a $2,500 stipend provided through the NCAA Division III Diversity grant funding program.
You MUST BE a current undergraduate ethnic minority and/or female student at one of the GNAC's 13 institutions. Interested candidates with a sincere desire to work within college athletics in the future are encouraged to apply.
● Be working towards obtaining a bachelor's degree
● Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, plus graphic design background
● Ability to complete task-based responsibilities remotely
● Have experience working in an intercollegiate sports information office, marketing, or multimedia field
● Time management skills week in and week out
● Highly motivated and energetic with attention to detail and accuracy
● Adept oral and written communication skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive
● Strong fluency with social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
● Proficiency with sports photography and desktop video editing software is a plus
Interested applicants should email *a single PDF file* including a resume and cover letter, plus 1-2 professional references with contact info included, to GNAC Assistant Commissioner Michael Ghika (email@example.com) by Monday, October 7, 2019. Interviews will be conducted by phone.
Duration of Part-Time Internship: It would begin now in the fall season and run through Spring Championships in early May, with flexible hours to accommodate academic credit requirements if also used as an internship-for-credit.
Work Environment: This position requires the ability to work remotely as assigned, with the option to work out of the GNAC office in Winthrop, Mass. also available. Limited travel may be necessary for travel to tournaments, although the vast portion of this internship will be completed remotely.
Responsibilities: The GNAC Marketing & Multimedia Specialist will assist the GNAC conference office staff with coverage of its 22 NCAA Division III conference championship sports with a focus on social media planning and integration, mainly on Instagram. By introducing new media strategies and research methods, the conference office will have the ability to measure how many people we reach and learn how to better optimize and engage this audience in the future. The GNAC office is also happy to cater this position to the intern's ideas and interests in an effort to enhance their personal resume.
Job Description: The GNAC seeks a highly motivated currently enrolled undergraduate students who are interested in gaining experience in multimedia athletic communications, sports marketing, social media, graphic design, strategic planning, and athletic administration. Students with strong written, verbal, and social media communication skills, and are dependable and can easily work independently and as a member of team are encouraged to apply.
The GNAC will use NCAA diversity grant funding to create this part-time paid internship position to provide a woman and/or ethnic minority with opportunities for creativity and growth within the ever-evolving landscape of college athletics. This internship aspires to honor the efforts of the Division III Diversity and Inclusion Working Group by increasing ethnic and racial diversity and gender equity in college sports hiring practices. This position will enhance the foundation of a diverse and inclusive culture within the Division III conference office environment.
Under the direct supervision of GNAC Asst. Commissioner Michael Ghika, this year-long intern will assist with the promotion of the GNAC and its 3,000+ student-athletes by developing an overall social media engagement strategy and creating specialized multimedia content. It also opens the door to network with all 13 GNAC member institutions.
The Student Specialist will assist with:
● Promotion/publicity of the conference across its 22 NCAA DIII championship sports
● Social media, videography, photography for various GNAC Championship and SAAC events
● Creating unique multimedia and featured content for the www.thegnac.com website and our social media outlets
● Potential event planning responsibilities
● Other duties as assigned
The Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) is an NCAA Division III association made up of 13 member institutions and over 3,000 student-athletes across the New England region. Founded in 1995, the GNAC annually sponsors and administers 22 championships, while balancing academic integrity, athletic opportunity and community involvement in an effort to enhance the student-athlete experience.
– #TheGNAC –