2012-2013 Internships. The Great Northeast Athletic Conference seeks qualified applicants unique and exciting internships. These positions will provide the intern the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the management and operation of an NCAA DIII athletic conference. The internships are part time and will be headquartered in Boston. Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree and a sincere desire to enter college athletics administration.
The GNAC internships are in these five distinctive areas of concentration but they can be combined:
1) SID – Assisting with and learning about Statcrew, website updating and all conference voting.
2) Special Events – Community Clinics, Pink Zone, Passionate Purple, 2012 PDS and SAAC
3) Championships- Review and update the Championship Handbook. Assist with organizing championships and all-conference awards; assist with the organization and administration of the one day championships in Golf, XC and Swimming
4) Communications & Public Relations- Write stories for and update the GNAC website, develop and distribute press releases, solicit nominations for and promote awards such as the GNAC Woman of the Year and Sportsmanship awards, work with the innovative GNAC Correspondent’s program
5. Marketing - Corporate sponsors, website sponsors, equipment contracts and the GNAC Hall of Fame.
The interns will also serve as the “Commissioner's Kitchen Cabinet”. Brainstorming, advising and recommending conference wide initiatives on issues of pertinence to student athletes such as; Social Networking, Sportsmanship, Drugs and Alcohol, Depression and other illnesses effecting student athletes.
Although these are unpaid internships the non-monetary benefits include:
- Intern will gain meaningful experience by working with and learning from 200+ professionals at the 14 GNAC schools, plus GNAC partners i.e. NCAA, ECAC, 44 other DIII conferences, officials, corporate, community.
- Task/project oriented not hourly. Allows intern time to work another job or attend graduate school
- An unparalleled networking opportunity
- Opportunity to attend NCAA, NACDA or CoSida convention paid for by the GNAC
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) to Commissioner Joe Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org .